I don’t know why, but every time I see a man in a suit and tie my heart just melts into a puddle. Men today have embraced the importance of not only acting like a gentleman, but dressing the part as well. However, our modern gentleman is adding his geeky personality to the mix. In other words, ladies, your own real life version of Doctor Who, minus the Tardis. Swoon-ami in progress indeed.
Case in point: I think if I met the geek-stud of my dreams he would be dressed up this way (only half joking of course, not really)
With that being said here are my TOP 5 MUST HAVES for the geeky gentleman in your life…
1. Star Wars Light Saber Umbrellas: These are simply amazing! The hilts have been scaled down a bit, so they are very comfortable to hold. And while the shafts don’t light up, they are anodized (and a little sparkly) in the proper blade color. The canopy even has the saber owner’s affiliation insignia (Imperial or Jedi) silk-screened on it. Whether he is on the side of The Force or The Dark Side, your man will win against any bad weather odds with this accessory.
2. Bottle Opener Cuff Links: Since geeks have such hatred toward unitaskers, we’ve found the perfect cufflinks. They don’t just put the finishing touches on your man’s suit, they do something totally better – they open your bottled beverages. Yessir, they double as bottle openers. Can we say winning? Nay. Try double winning!
3. Star Trek Tie Clip: Spiff up your man’s tie the Starfleet way! This Rhodium plated sliding tie bar features the Starfleet insignia from The Original Series and will make even the most illogical tie look a little more classy.
4. Fun Socks: Superman Caped Socks and Argyle Mustache Socks
These socks are the best way for the gentleman in your life to subtly share his geeky passions for either superheroes or mustaches. The neatest part of the sock collection: the capes are removable!
5. The 8-Bit Tie: With this 8-Bit tie, your studly geek will be just like Mario when he wore a tie to meetings when negotiating his contract with Nintendo! Sure, society has majorly upgraded with the PS3, Wii, and Xbox 360 with all their superhuman technology, but sometimes it’s nice to remember the humble beginnings of the video game revolution, 8-bit style!
That wraps up another MOtastic edition of Geek Chic! Tune in next week when we cover the TOP 5 MUST HAVES for the stellar geekette in your life! -Mo